ShareThis

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Homemade Polish Rack

Hello! I wanted to share with you guys a craft project that my dad and I have been working on. As you may know, I'm a broke college graduate looking for a job this summer. I also have an expensive nail polish habit...and I needed one of those little nail polish racks to hold my bottles because they were just sitting in a Rubbermaid container sad because no one could appreciate them. However, I couldn't afford one of those $40 racks that you can buy online. So my dad and I set out on a mission to make my OWN rack for cheaper than we could buy one for. And we succeeded!

We used two pieces of wood total, both 8' long. We used a thinner one for the shelves and a thicker one for the top/bottoms and side pieces. We also attached a thin piece of plywood to the back to hold everything in. After everything was glued/nailed together, we spray painted it. It still needs a coat, but I couldn't wait to get it up and running to show you guys. I don't think it's as big as one of the racks you can get online, but it's a pretty nice size for me at least. This holds 70 bottles. I also only put the ones in that I use the most or that are my good polishes. I left all my crappy, cheapo polishes out. But even then... I have a pretty small collection for a nail blogger I think.

ANYWAY! Here are the pictures :) I've included some of my whole polishing set-up too in case you're curious.






I love it! I feel like a real live blogger now ;)

Total price for my homemade polish rack: About $11 :)

Have a lovely night,
-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. VERY nice! I'm impressed! It looks sturdy and professional. I need to team up with my husband to build something like this. My corner unit has overflowed

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.