ShareThis

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summery Konad Flowers

Hello all!

I wanted to do something summery and fun and bright, but I wasn't feeling very creative today when I sat down to do this. Which meant that I was going to Konad, as that's my go-to for when I don't have anything fun planned.

I started with three coats of Zoya Phoebe. Phoebe is part of Zoya's recent Mod Mattes collection. I normally love Zoya's formula but this one was a little difficult for me compared to their other colors. I think it probably had to do with it being a matte color? It was just kinda streaky and I found that it wouldn't smooth out if I kept going over the same part of my nail more than once. I've never used any of Zoya's other matte colors so if anyone could let me know if that's how they all are, that'd be great :)

Here is Phoebe on its own:

Then I stamped over it using plate BM 224 with Konad special polish in white... I tried to do something fun with yellow or light green stamping (Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polishes) but it just wasn't having it :(



This plate kind of looks like a children's flower pattern or something... I don't know, but it's cute! :) As you can see, I put top coat over it even though it's a matte color. I like this one matte, but it IS pretty shiny too....ooooh shinies.

-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Wow Phoebe is a beautiful colour! So pretty! Great stamping :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.