ShareThis

Friday, July 29, 2011

Obnoxious Punktastic Nails



I've had two job interviews the past two days. As much as I would've loved to show up with zebra nails, I figured it was probably appropriate to change my nail polish to something tame. I used Essie Topless and Barefoot (sidenote: I STILL hate Essie's formula. Am I the only one?!) for my nude nails.

Well, I sat down today and after having boring nails for two days straight (oh the horror!) I decided I had to do something fun and obnoxious. I've been wanting to do some sort of mani with hot pink and black for a long time, just never really knew exactly what.

I decided to do a "punky" typed theme. If you know me in real life, you know this is TOTALLY  not me. I like girly things...but this is a lovely combination of both I think! Makes me feel like a rocker chic ;)



I started with a base of Zoya Lolly on all but my ring fingers. I really don't like these Zoya mattes. They're hard for me to use -- streaky and they dry too quickly for me to get even coats. On my ring fingers, I used China Glaze Liquid Leather. I topped the black with OPI Teenage Dream which gives this mani some BLING! On my thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers I used plates m57 (zebra), bm225 (skulls), and bm19 (houndstooth). My poor pinky fingernails are the only nails the small BM plates fit on :( On my middle finger I tried to do a double lightning bolt a la nailside but I failed pretty miserably. The sparkley glitter on the bolt is OPI DS Coronation. It doesn't look TOO bad, but it's way harder than I thought. I struggled getting the tape lined up.




What do you think? Obnoxious enough for ya?? :)

-Amanda

20 comments:

  1. Not at all. It looks fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I just did a punky manicure not long ago. I'm also very girly, but sometimes its fun to bust out the bad*** in us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it its super cute..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the coolest mani I've seen in ages! ADORE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I like the way the middle finger looks, maybe not quite the double lightning bolt, but it still looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obsessed with this mani! I love the ones where all the fingers are different but cohesive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mani looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks super cute and fun! it wouldn't be my normal style either... but I'd totally wear it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! One of the things I like best about it is the zig-zag. That was what first caught my eye about it. I like that it isn't a standard lightening bolt; it's unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this! It's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really love every nail
    the pattern choice was spot on!
    & great color selections as well

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  12. looooooooove it!! also, the butterfly is amazing! i'min love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great combination, good luck on the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would LOVE for you to do my nails. This is wicked :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this mani! Too cute and that ring is amazing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this on Tumblr, very awesome mani!! Love all the different designs/finishes together <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love your ring! And your mani too! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.