ShareThis

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fall 2011 swatches

While browsing Walgreens Thursday night my eye fell upon a new Sally Hansen display of Insta-Dri polishes - obviously marketed as fall colors as they are all dark, vampy colors and a couple metallics.  I picked up 3 that I thought looked unique.  I use the insta-dri a lot for konading so my mind always goes to 'what would these look like stamped over another color?' 

The colors I picked up are Coco a-go-go, Bronze Ablaze, and Grape Escape.  All of these shades were one coaters. Also I'm still learning how to use my light box so some of my pics are a little washed out on the top.


Coco a-go-go is a shimmery rusty brown color.  At first glance I thought it might be a dupe to Jesse's Girl Riff Raff but CAGG is a shade or two darker.  It packs the same glimmery shimmery punch and applied smooth as silk.  Dry time is fast (obviously) but I did have just a few tiny bubbles.  Probably more because my A/C was malfunctioning than my application or the product formula.



Grape Escape is a dark shimmery purple.  My camera is drawing out much more blue in these pics than there is - think deep gemstone purple!  (Smoookkkke on the waaater...  Fire in the sky!)



And last, but not least - the star of the show - Bronze Ablaze.  Bronze Ablaze is a shimmery bronze (duh!) that flashes burnished gold and olive tones.  I love this one the most.  This is going to be awesome for konading.



There were a few other colors that I didn't pick up - I think a dark blue, a dark vampy red and a pewter.  What do you think of this collection?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen their fall collection yet but I need to keep my eyes out for them. I like the Instadris for konading too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to keep my eyes peeled for these, they look gorgeous... and usually metallics work good for stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all of these! They're such rich jewel-tones. I bought Bronze Ablaze (which looks fabulous on you, by the way) and Tealy Fast.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.