ShareThis

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve mani featuring Milani Gold

I have been feeling really uninspired lately regarding my manicures.  After a couple days pondering it, I finally decided on this as my holiday manicure for Christmas Eve.  I'm still undecided as to whether I'll remove it and do something different for Christmas Day or if I'll be too tired after all the festivities.



I wanted a yellow gold base instead of a white gold.  Does that make sense?  More of a true gold color.  I only have a couple gold foils in my collection so that limits my choices.  So for the base, I used one coat of Orly Glitz.   It went on very smoothly and one coat was pigmented enough for the base I needed. 



I wanted just a hint of holographic flash to poke out from underneath the glitter, so next I applied one coat of China Glaze Cleopatra.  This is a clear base with gold and holographic microglitter.  It's very sheer and the glitter is surprisingly sparse considering how saturated it looks in the bottle.  If you were using this alone you'd need to build it with several coats.



The crowning glory was Milani Gold and I used 2 coats. This is from their Rock Star Heavy Glitter line and is a clear base just packed with large gold hex glitter.  Very blingy.  The formula is a little thick and I find I have glitter glob buildup around the neck of the jar if I'm not careful.  You'll also need to use the 'push it around your nail' technique to distribute the glitter evenly.  Be sure to wait for your base coat to dry before applying a second coat or you'll just end up moving around the glitter from your first coat!




And thank you to Amanda at Fashion Footing for awarding us the "Glitter in Their Veins" award for mastering the art of glitter nail polish.  I definately am a glitter lover, but I'm not sure about my Amanda.  She's a work in progress :)  Btw have you noticed how many nail bloggers are named Amanda or Mandy? 


5 comments:

  1. Love it! Gold! Glitter! Fabulous!

    You're welcome, and Amanda should probably get on the glitter bandwagon.... it's a beautiful ride :-)

    And I think every nail blogger I speak to regularly is named Amanda or Mandy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed a lot of Amandas... me being one of them! Curse the 1980s-90s and their common names ;)

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating whether or not I needed these Jewel FX polishes... and you've just made me decide that I NEED them. This is stunning!

    Wishing y'all a wonderfully Merry Christmas!

    PS - Amandas and Mandys FTW!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.