ShareThis

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day mani

Happy Leap Day everyone!

I knew I wanted to do some sort of nail art today, but wasn't exactly sure what until I came up with the idea of a frog leaping to a lilly pad.  Amanda is the nail art pro in the family, and I have a whole new respect for her after attempting this nail art.  Wow - it was hard drawing this tiny design and trying to keep my hands steady.  I think in the future I'm gonna leave the nail art to her!

So here is my attempt at nail art.  I used Essie Aruba Blue as a base (my b/f's mom got me this for Christmas this year) and the nail art is all done with acrylic paints and a tiny brush.  Although I am not a big fan of Essie polishes (they always go on streaky for me), the formula on this one was pretty good.  I did have a little staining on removal, so you may want to double up on your base coat.  Also, I need to get an ultra fine sharpy marker because obviously my '29' is not so great.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!




Here is Aruba Blue all by herself



9 comments:

  1. omg so creative and cute! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a ridiculously fun idea!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I loved your creations! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is so clever that you have been using sharpies in some of your designs recently. Very smart idea. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do that. I'd seen a few others do it, but the idea never stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! You did a fantastic job on the froggie!! :D

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.